Saturday, April 30, 2005

Disappointing Signup So Far -- Let's Go!

If the pace of signups does not accelerate -- significantly -- the 30th reunion may turn out to be a very intimate affair, indeed. The number registered is lower than any 30th reunion class in recent memory, so we are in danger of making history.

Alas, some may not have received any solicitations by mail yet, because the college reports some problems with the snail-mail delivery.

If you did not receive a college or class mailing, below are the vital links to what you need:

The schedule is here: SCHEDULE
General info is here: INFO
The housing form is here: HOUSING

Please make an effort to attend if you can. Five years is a long time to wait for the next go-round.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marc Stadler said...

Jim, this is my first attempt at blogging, so please redirect this posting as you see fit. By attempting to paste in photos, I may be biting off way more than I can chew. Here I am reading help articles on blogging and uploading photos while I should be outside shoveling manure and hauling compost.

I wanted to let classmates know that I just finished reading a great book written by our own Bob Crease. "The Prism and the Pendulum--The Ten Most Beautiful Experiments in Science" is full of Bob's enthusiasm. What makes an experiment beautiful? Why are these experiments important? Bob is a talented writer, and I imagine he is equally talented in the classroom--he's a Professor of Philosophy at Stony Brook University.

I will attempt to paste in two photos here--one of the book cover, and one of Bob from the flap on the dust jacket. (Jim, you may need to assist here. This blog doesn't seem to like the "tag" I'm inputting from Flickr. If I fail, can you use the URL to finish my job?) I hope you can see Bob's smile. I don't remember seeing Bob smile that broadly back at Amherst--he must have a happy life!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28771134@N00/10693651/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28771134@N00/10693652/


I hope Bob will be at the reunion.

At this time of year--in years that end in 5 or 0--I drive my wife Shary crazy by continually playing on the CD player the song by the Bee Gees, "Massachusetts." Then I started singing along..."Seems I'm going back to Massachusetts..."

Jim, many thanks for your efforts in putting this blog together, and for your years of '75 class notes. I'll see you soon.

Looking foward to seeing you all next month!
Marc

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm definitely
enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.

Stop by my webpage: ogrzewanie domu

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home